The Traffic Controller's role is to coordinate and control traffic, keep traffic flowing safely by watching, setting up barriers, signs, and cones. Providing safe workspaces for your colleagues, helping pedestrians, and answering questions from local residents.
You will be a strong communicator, someone who is pro-active with excellent problem-solving abilities and a safety focused mindset.
Our Traffic Controllers are key in enabling our Teams to deliver on what we do best – roading and infrastructure.
If you are looking for your next opportunity, then this is what we think you will need to be successful in this role:
• Current TC Qualification (Level 1 minimum)
• Full clean New Zealand Driver’s License Class 1, WTR
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
Successful candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug test and MOJ check.
What we offer:
• Unlike other jobs we offer a guaranteed 40-hour week, regardless of the weather. That’s right, consistent take home pay
• Opportunity to progress to STMS
• You’ll become part of Fletcher Building Group which comes with its own set of perks such as discounted fuel (think of those savings!) staff purchasing, discount medical insurance, family scholarships, share scheme and must more for you and your family to enjoy
There’s heaps of learning opportunities because your ongoing career development is important to all of us. We’ll even put together a training plan for you to work towards.
As part of the wider Fletcher Construction Group, we offer a range of initiatives and knowledge that you will be able to leverage off. We have a strong focus on continued learning and development and there will be a range of opportunities for you to take advantage of. As an organisation we are passionate about the safety of our staff and there is continued support for the initiatives you will be required to implement and maintain.
Higgins are a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path building tomorrows New Zealand with people at the heart of what we do every day.
If you want to play a key role in a leading roading and civil infrastructure company with Higgins and Fletcher Construction, please apply directly online.
Higgins: Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga