Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds. Our commitment is on high quality, custom made installations that put our customers unique needs and aspirations at the heart of all we do.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time – no matter how complex.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers. We’re on the lookout for an experienced Loading Manager
Key focus & responsibilities
In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for the loading operations across all shifts at the branch. Working through team leaders/leading hands, the Loading Manager will support the drive for Zero Harm (EHS), quality (DIFOTIS) and profitability while meeting required standards of productivity, efficiency, waste reduction and flexible capacity. Accountability to the customer is key as is connected process, people and performance outcomes. This role will be based on the night shift overseeing all shifts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Direct all loading activities for the achievement of short- and long-term business objectives
- Responsible for efficient & accurate loading activity and the timely departure of all planned loads.
- Ensure shift handovers are consistent, comprehensive and efficient..
- Always support the manufacturing, supply chain, order fulfillment and sales functions and promote cross team communications and activities.
- Actively build a culture of team-work and drive accountability for individual and team KPIs
What we need you to bring to our team
This is an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Hero. You will be a great team player, with a problem solving attitude. You have a commercial mindset and a keen eye for detail. You are not afraid to roll your sleeves up to get the job done. You enjoy making a positive contribution and are a continuous learner. You are an excellent communicator and thrive on building connections internally and externally.
We are on the lookout for;
- A tertiary qualification in business management, operations or supply chain/logistics is highly desirable although appropriate direct experience is equally valued
- Working knowledge of Chain of Responsibility and load restraint standards
- Highly experienced as an operations professional
- Stakeholder engagement, negotiation and influencing
- Outcome focussed, resilient and adaptable
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
- FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
If you are ready to join in our transformation during an exciting growth phase and are a proactive Logistics professional, we encourage you to apply today!