New Business Manager (Piletech)
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Brian Perry Civil
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:30 Oct 2021
Piletech is the pre-eminent screw piling contractor in New Zealand. We achieve this status by having the best designers, importing high quality materials, tailor made piles for each job, and install them ourselves with our rigs. By being market leading – we are engaged in ECI contracts with clients and contractors who respect what we bring to their jobs.
With a strong forward workload and a significant upturn in market opportunities we are getting ready to kick it up a gear. To do this we need to keep winning great jobs on favourable commercial terms. We need a New Business Manager to help guide and oversee the outputs of an established and high performing team of designers and estimators.
Why work for Piletech?
- Dynamic SME – great team, travel opportunities, more fun, less politics, good work/life balance
- Busy & Varied – with 300+ queries and bids per year no job is ever the same
- Negotiated Winning – we negotiated 75% of jobs, and maintained 80% market share
- Develop – learn skills and work with an empowered team who love to innovate and push higher
What will you be doing at Piletech?
Reporting to the GM, and part of the Senior Leadership Team, you will be a key member in our business:
- Overseeing all bids from the budget phase to tender phase, by working with the Design Team and the New Business Engineers, to deliver the best options to our clients – and then negotiation and handover to Operations Team
- Developing strategies for our growth and maintaining our market position.
- Leading marketing initiatives such as presentations, blogs & even research/innovation initiatives.
- Developing relationships with people in our industry and acting on their feedback.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally an engineer with an estimating background and geotechnical experience, with technical know-how.
- You can build relationships, juggle an abundance of work, and enjoy the responsibility of leading a team.
- You can demonstrate drive and initiative, and win work.
Some other key skills:
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interface across all levels, including strong written capabilities.
- Good commercial acumen, whilst maintaining focus on ensuring high levels of customer service.
- The ability to ‘listen’ and ‘interpret’ information in many forms, and see the big picture.
We have potential to grow, so you will enjoy seeing your actions make a difference. This is your chance to step up and expand your career horizons! If you’re up for the challenge, we would like to hear from you. Please click through to apply.