Winstone Aggregates is a leader in aggregate products and services in New Zealand. We operate 11 extractive quarries and 2 joint venture quarries with our partners in addition to our quarry, labs, and transport functions. We are the trusted aggregates solution partner for the concrete, roading, rail, and other infrastructure industries.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Civil Laboratory Technician to join our Waikato team on a full-time permanent contract.
Lab work in a quarry or on a major road project may not be what you’re imagining. You may have a science degree, but this is not essential for this role. You won’t need a white coat, but you will need common sense as this will take you far in this role.
The key responsibilities in this role are to assess the physical properties of civil engineering materials this includes soil, aggregates, concrete, and asphalt. You will be conducting a variety of tests such as strength, shape, moisture, and composition. You will be involved in daily workload allocation, interpreting, and communicating results back to the customer and problem-solving issues as they arise both internally and externally.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Previous civil laboratory experience 5-10 years
- A full New Zealand driver’s licence
- Physically fit (there is repetitive heavy lifting)
- Health and safety conscious
- Right to work in New Zealand
- Be willing to work the night shift
- Able to achieve IANZ signatory status straight away
- Computer literate
- Asphalt testing experience would be advantageous
In return we’ll offer you:
- A guaranteed 40-hour week
- Career advancement opportunities
- A stepping stone into the wider quarrying and civil construction environment
To apply for this role click APPLY NOW or visit www.fbcareers.com
“We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger”.