Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand’s leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. We employ more than 2,400 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
PlaceMakers continuously strives to be the best building partner in the market and takes pride in providing the highest level of service to our customers. In line with this, we are currently seeking a Trade Account Manager to join our busy team based in our Clarence Street, Hamilton branch.
Reporting to the Trade Sales Manager, this role offers a great blend of business development and account management of an existing portfolio across a variety of residential customers, that has plenty of growth potential within the Waikato region. You will be supported by the wider team to succeed and be given the autonomy to use your initiative to develop your own call cycles while ensuring exceptional service delivery.
As you will play a lead role in developing brand awareness and capturing sales opportunities, your passion and knowledge of the building industry as well as your sales drive and resilience will be essential! You will provide
high levels of service to our trade customers and exceed sales and profitability targets through proactive value-add solutions. In addition to this, you will also need to the demonstrate the following –
- Highly motivated with exceptional work ethic
- A down to earth and solutions focused approach
- Highly proficient communication skills across stakeholders at all levels and can effectively adapt your style to suit.
- Focused on long term, credible relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated sales ability: both in growing new business and managing key accounts
- While building experience is desirable, a willingness and genuine desire to learn is what we are seeking, as well as a high level of attention to detail
What’s on offer?
Being part of a market leader, you will be fully supported to develop a long-standing career – There are so many success stories here! A competitive base salary with an achievable bonus structure plus a company vehicle and tools of the trade are on offer, plus a fantastic benefits package that comes with being part of the wider Fletcher Building Group.
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including a drug test is required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.