Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time – no matter how complex.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers. We’re on the lookout for an experienced Technical Business Development Manager for our SOL Outdoor Living business.
Key focus & responsibilities
In this pivotal role, you will expand the SOL network at a sustainable level, whilst increasing distributors perceived level of inclusion within the SOL network through acting as a mentor and managing alignment between SOL and distributors. Whilst this is a sales role, it is a key liaison point between distributors and the SOL business from a technical perspective.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Distributor sales – drive top line sales growth, increasing market share and profitability
- Relationship Opportunities – create, maintain and improve distributor relationships through proactive contact
- Distributor support – Assist distributors in winning quotes and actively participate in the sales planning process with distributors; monitor and implement individual distributor initiatives and encourage/monitor use of SOL marketing materials
- Technical support – provide technical/building solutions, addressing queries as they arise
- Suppliers – Develop & Maintain a strong relationship with suppliers. Ensure suppliers are aware of the required service level offer to the distribution network. Liaise with our internal procurement manager to ensure that SOL distributors are getting a high level of service & quality & remain at the front of the market in terms of product offer & cost.
- Training – provide onsite distributor training in software use and product installation
What we need you to bring to our team
This is an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Business Development Professional. You have a commercial mindset and a keen eye for detail. You are not afraid to roll your sleeves up to get the job done. You enjoy making a positive contribution and are a continuous learner. You are an excellent communicator and thrive on building connections internally and externally. You can pick up new systems easily and drive key projects around digital process enhancements.
We are on the lookout for;
- Ability to understand buildings, structures, construction and/or engineering
- Ability to interpret drawings, take measurements and work with our engineering team
- Someone who can talk techy whilst supporting our distributors
- Ability to understand and promote our patio software
- Solid relationship building skills and strong knowledge of all things Patio
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
- FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
If you are ready to join in our transformation during an exciting growth phase and are a proactive Business Development professional, we encourage you to apply today!