We are currently looking for Production Operators to join the NIBF team in Wangan, Innisfail, QLD. This is an entry-level role where you will be working on our production line, performing a range of manual tasks which may include working in a team to melt metal, creating moulds, sanding, assembling moulds, cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment, and operating machinery. The company will undertake training with candidates to ensure they are competent to perform these tasks.
At NIBF, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
If you enjoy teamwork, understand the importance of following directions and safety instructions plus you want a role where you are exposed to a broad range of tasks, enjoy working with your hands and have excellent communication skills, then this is the opportunity for you.
A Production Operator is a very active role – you will be on your feet for long periods of time and may be required to perform some moderate to heavy lifting and reaching.
We can offer you:
- The ability to work close to home - Wangan is located only 8kms from the Innisfail CBD
- Rostered Days off
- Safe working environment - in 2020 NIBF celebrated five years without a lost time injury
- Positive working culture
- NIBF is part of the Fletcher Building Group which provides employees with a range of discounts and benefits
Northern Brass & Iron Foundry was established in 1934, with the foundry in Wangan located on the outskirts of Innisfail. NIBF specialise in production of castings in a broad range of Iron, Bronze, Aluminium and Steel. We employ a range of skillsets including Moulders, Fitters, Operators, Logistics, and safety.
We are one of the largest employers in the Wangan community. Our products are sold both throughout Australia and internationally and we are immensely proud of our strong safety culture onsite recently celebrating four years without a lost time injury (LTI).
- Innisfail sits within the Cassowary Coast and hosts the biggest town with a population of approximately 10,000.
- The township is situated at the junction of the North and South Johnstone Rivers, about 5km from the coast.
- Innisfail is 90km from Cairns along the Bruce Highway.
- Innisfail boasts a warm tropical climate and an annual rainfall of around 3500mm ensures the area is always lush and green.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt so do not hesitate and apply. This role may close sooner if we find the right candidate.