- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/21378
- Closing Date:31 Oct 2021
Our Green Team in Napier are looking for an experienced Project Coordinator to join our surfacing Division. This is a varied role where no two days are the same.
The Project Coordinator is a key role for the Higgins team in Napier. They are responsible for the administration and set up of contracts, projects, financial requirements, and support to the project managers.
- Provide administration support to Surfacing Manager
- Participate in meetings and take minutes
- Maintaining and tracking the practical deliverable schedule
- Developing and maintaining metrics and reports customised to individual project needs, to help manage and improve the management of the project.
- Compiling reports and templates related to the project requirements
- Maintaining various databases with accurate and up to date information
- Manage contract compliance and consents and bring any issues to the attention of the project lead.
- Assist Surfacing Manager to manage project cost reporting and forecasting.
- Coordinating and processing all project information within the Higgins project management system
- Monthly reporting/ Maintaining monthly claims
- Managing internal and external invoices
- Other general office administration as required
Skills and Experience required:
- Prior experience as a Project Coordinator, ideally within the construction industry
- Strong organisational skills
- A natural people person with the ability to build robust relationships quickly
- Strong computer literacy - experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel
- Process orientated, effective and productive time management skills and the ability to prioritise your workload
- Experience using RAMM is desirable but not essential
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Potential opportunity to step into project management if this is something that interests you
- Join a team of experienced industry experts – continue to develop your knowledge and skills
- Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
- An opportunity to work in a dynamic, successful and progressive organisation
- A varied role that will continue to develop with you – progress your career!
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga