Class 2 Driver/Labourer
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/21386
- Closing Date:26 Sep 2021
We are looking for Class 2 Drivers/Labourers to join our green team in Feilding. Ideally you will have experience working in the construction industry, a solid understanding of construction practices, be able to follow procedures and work schedules safely.
Our Driver/Labourers undertake general designated tasks onsite within defined teams, they are pro-active, and safety focused and enjoy working for an organisation where hard work is recognised and where they can build a career and not just do a job.
Your role is key in enabling our Teams to deliver on what we do best – roading and infrastructure.
If you are looking for your next opportunity, then this is what we think you will need to be successful in this role:
• Full clean New Zealand manual driver’s license Class 2 (WTR an advantage)
• Ideally Roading and Infrastructure experience
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
What we offer:
• Competitive Hourly Rate
• Full-time, permanent position with guaranteed 40 hours a week plus overtime as required
• On-going training and development
• Access to the Fletcher Building Benefits Programme, which includes discounted health insurance, family scholarships, share schemes, discounted fuel & products just to name a few for you and your family to enjoy!
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity Apply today!
Higgins: Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga