PlaceMakers is the premier supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s construction markets with over 60 locations throughout New Zealand. We are part of Fletcher Building, a diversified global building industry company.
We have a challenging opportunity for a Showroom Team Member who is Customer Service focused to join one of our biggest PlaceMakers branches based in Westgate. This is a full-time position, scheduled work hours Tuesday – Friday 7 am – 5 pm & Saturday 8 am – 1 pm.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Proven experience in customer service and/or retail sales environment
• Strong interpersonal skills with a bubbly personality
• Ability to build rapport with people from all ages and backgrounds
• Motivated, self-driven and able to work independently
• A strong focus on performance and dedication to supporting our valued customers
• Competent computer and numeracy skills
• Useful knowledge of our products, particularly fastenings, adhesives and paint or the building industry is highly advantageous
• Proactive and able to think on your feet and under pressure
As the first point of contact at our Trade Counter and Showroom, you will interact daily with our customers who are the heart and soul of our business. You will be a people person thriving most when supporting our customers, so they get a winning in-store experience. You will build and maintain effective relationships with them by being solutions-focused, offering product support and technical information. You will also play a vital part in direct sales with customers, getting orders pulled and ready for dispatch, and merchandising and maintaining aisles within the showroom.
PlaceMakers can offer you, a safe and rewarding environment to work in, great people to work with, colleagues and our loyal customers, excellent career opportunities and a solid, progressive and growing business to represent.
If you are interested in a career where you get as much out as you put in and you are truly recognised and rewarded for your efforts, then click on the link to apply now.
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including drug test, will be required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.