We need you to have had recent, relevant experience operating construction machinery such as excavators, motor graders, compaction rollers, pneumatic rollers, water carts and front-end loaders or similar.
We would expect you to have a solid understanding of construction plant and equipment, be able to follow procedures, operating instructions and work schedules, be pro-active, and safety focussed and enjoy working for an organisation where hard work is recognised and where you can build a career and not just do a job.
Your role is key in enabling our Teams to deliver on what we do best – roading and infrastructure.
If you are looking for your next opportunity, then this is what we need from you!
• Full clean New Zealand Driver’s License Class 1-4, WTR essential
• Roading and Infrastructure experience is essential
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
What we offer
• Competitive hourly rate
• On-going training and development
• Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, Employee Welfare Fund, Share Scheme, Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach educational aspirations and discounts on products for you and your family to enjoy
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity Apply today!