Higgins specialises in road and infrastructure design, construction, and maintenance. Our teams are bonded together by values developed from a family heritage of over 60 years of business success. With over 1700 staff, the Higgins team is currently involved in some of the largest road engineering projects in New Zealand.
Higgins maintains 800 km of sealed and unsealed roads on behalf of Masterton District Council (MDC) and we have a great opportunity for a Road Maintenance Project Manager to oversee the profitable delivery of the MDC Contract.
Key areas of the role:
• Accountability for Health & Safety, quality and environmental issues on the maintenance contract
• Ensuring successful delivery and retention of the MDC contract
• Maintaining successful and collaborative long-term relationships with the client, suppliers and other stakeholders including the community
• Direct leadership of employees on the contract
• Problem solve and mitigate any risks and issues
To be successful in this role we are seeking someone with the following skills and attributes:
• Tertiary qualifications BEng, NZCE (Civil) or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent, or near completion preferable
• A track record in New Zealand road maintenance contracts
• Understanding of the technical, contractual, and financial requirement involved in a roading maintenance type contract
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project and knowledge of CRM systems
• Working understanding and ability to use RAMM, RAMM Contractor, Pocket RAMM
• Being adaptable, flexible, and having the capacity to cope with multiple issues
• Commitment to the highest standards of health and safety
• The ability to lead and motivate teams to meet targets and objectives
• High level communication and relationship management skills
• Experience of financial processes with a commercial focus in budgeting, management of P&L and cost control
If you are motivated and results driven with a proven track record in successful management of small to medium sized civil engineering contracts and are looking for an opportunity to transition into a higher level role, we would welcome your application.
Thinking of relocating to the Wairarapa?
The Wairarapa is a stunning location known for its wine and food, rugged coastline, fishing, forest parks and cycle trails. The region offers a beautiful environment where it is easy to manage a work-life balance, short commutes, excellent facilities, and a welcoming family-orientated community.
Higgins is part of the Fletcher Building Group which provides access to the Fletcher Benefits Programme, and unrivalled career opportunities in a Group comprising 33 businesses, across 40 different countries.
Along with a competitive salary package we have a number of employee benefits including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Please click “Apply Now” to apply