Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
With a footprint of over 60 sites nationally and plans around growth and innovation – we are really looking at how we better utilise our key resources within our branches to ensure efficiency is a priority and continuous improvement becomes a focus in terms of servicing our customers and running our sites.
As a result, we are looking for an Optimisation Specialist to join our Workforce Optimisation team based at our National Office in Penrose.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Workforce Optimisation Manager, you will own the end to end process of implementing workforce operating models and the new way of working to future proof our business and to ensure we are the undisputed market leader in our space.
Key accountability areas include but are not limited to:
- Understanding, building and driving the key principles of productivity and applying these within the Workforce Optimisation model implementation
- Utilising workforce data to regularly ensure customer needs are matched by best practise labour modelling across the business
- Supporting improvement opportunities and challenging routines and processes that are not optimised
- Seeking to understand the unique nuances that exist across our branch network and to support a standardised structure that is backed by data insights
- We are looking for the following in our successful candidate:
- You will have a proven background in a similar processing role with a focus on retail store labour management and labour scheduling
- Established knowledge and experience of working in retail or distribution store operations and processes
- Strong analytical capabilities, but you will have the ability to understand the people side of our business, which will inform decisions alongside good data
- Effective stakeholder management skills as you will work across our National branch network and you will need to establish credibility and rapport quickly
- Ability to communicate things effectively with the view of demystifying data and creating a story and value to support the business through change
- Demonstrated ability to be inquisitive, deal with ambiguity, and cut through complexity to understand business priorities and requirements
What's in it for you?
In return, we offer the opportunity to work with a well-known, leading brand, a supportive working environment with a great career development platform as well as a competitive salary package. There are also the benefits and career development opportunities that come with being part of the wider Fletcher Building Group.
If you have the above skills and experience and are ready for a new challenge, please apply today!