Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets.
If you love working in a fast-paced team environment with lots of variety then this could be your opportunity to really make an impact within our busy distribution centre at PlaceMakers Hutt City Hub!
As the Despatch Team Leader, you’ll play a crucial role in the day to day running of the Despatch department ensuring customer orders are picked, loaded and delivered in full and on time to our building and trade customers; and you’ll provide key support to the Yard Operations Manager and Regional Delivery Services Manager.
Working full-time Monday to Friday, your days will be busy and will include the following –
• Support the Yard Operations Manager to manage staff requirements and provide ongoing training/development opportunities
• Safe Forklift Operation
• Picking and packing orders accurately ensuring on-time delivery
• Thoroughly checking all prepared loads
• Ensure Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality requirements are exceeded
• Consistently drive “Best Practice” and “SOP’s”
• Identifying opportunities for improved efficiencies
We are looking for someone that is passionate about leadership and empowering their team, who is highly motivated to make decisions and take action to continuously improve performance and safety measures. In addition to this, you contribute the following -
• Hands-on and collaborative leadership approach
• Ability to organise and prioritise effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate/influence the team
• Can clearly communicate directions and expectations
• Proficient computer skills
• Full driver’s licence, a valid F-endorsement and Forklift driving experience
• Physically fit as heavy lifting is involved
• Experience within the building industry is highly preferred
What's on offer?
Here at PlaceMakers, you will have the autonomy to take ownership and lead by example, you’ll also create lasting relationships and contribute to the success of our business. We offer amazing training, development and progression opportunities plus a competitive hourly rate and lots of staff benefits so you're in good hands with us!
We have some amazing success stories of people who have shown commitment to working hard and they have gone on to achieve incredible things.
Could you be our next success story? Apply now!
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including a drug test, is required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.