We have a great opportunity for an Asphalt Foreman to join our team based in Christchurch to run an Asphalt Surfacing crew.
As the Asphalt Foreman you will lead and mentor your asphalt crew along with ensuring the safe day to day running of the worksite and workers. You will be the main point of contact between the construction workers and supervisors on site.
Key responsibilities include:
• Complete daily quality assurance documentation
• Ensure daily targets are met
• Maintain and oversee plant machinery
• Crew development – training of staff on all aspects of asphalt surfacing
If you are looking for your next challenge, then this is what we think you will need to have to be successful in this role:
• Experience within the Civil Construction industry and Asphalt
• A thorough understanding of construction equipment
• Experience in leading and motivating teams
• Full Class 2 driving licence & WTR endorsements
• Excellent communication skills
• A commitment to the highest standards of Health & Safety
What we offer
• Competitive Hourly Rate + vehicle
• On-going training and development
• Access to the Fletcher Building Benefits Programme, which includes discounted health insurance, family scholarships, share scheme and discount on various products for you and your family to enjoy!
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity Apply today!