The Fletcher Construction Company is a strong family of connected brands and businesses partnering with our customers to create spaces and places that work for people. Since 1909 our people have planned, designed, built, maintained and managed significant national infrastructure for the benefit of communities in New Zealand and the South Pacific. We have safety at our heart and invest in sustainability for our future. Together our 3700 people deliver for generations to come.
About the Role
Construction is a high-risk industry, where people are exposed to life-threatening risks every day. As a business we value our people’s safety above all else and truly believe in the mindset “all injuries are preventable”.
The Learning Experience Designer plays an integral role in growing the mindsets and equipping our people with the knowledge and tools to manage these risks.
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking to fill this role, where you will design, build and implement engaging, innovative learning solutions across our businesses to help our people go home safe every day.
Here's what you'll do:
• Work with frontline teams and SMEs to figure out the learning outcomes they need.
• Design and co-ordinate delivery of learning solutions that will deliver those learning outcomes across our varied and multi-cultural business.
• Work collaboratively with SMEs to collect content that meet the outcomes.
• Using design thinking to develop amazing and engaging learning experiences that work!
• Manage, analyse and dissect technical information effectively and break it down into simple learning solutions.
• You'll make sure the design ensures people can apply the learning to their jobs as easily as possible.
• You’ll take ownership for the whole lifecycle of the learning design process from initial consultation to evaluation.
We need you to:
• Know your stuff - you can make awesome learning that helps our teams meet the learning outcomes needed (EHS knowledge not essential – you have a team of SME’s to help you).
• Make things simple and straightforward for anyone at Fletcher Construction - not complex and hard.
• You will be comfortable seamlessly moving between building eLearning to the design of instructor-led or blended learning solutions.
• Be innovative and think outside the box - from curation of content into bite sized online, just in time learning, video learning, on-demand job aids, experiential activities, coaching and everything in between accessed on a digital platform and on the job.
• Be highly creative and ‘a natural’ at design, with an ability ‘to draw it and make it move’.
• Have experience in graphic design to make everything look sharp.
• It would be the icing in the cake if you could do (or be prepared to learn) video production - scripts, filming and editing and doing your own voice overs and storyboards.
• You will need to enjoy sharing your expertise and coaching others.
Does this sound like you but don’t think you tick all of the boxes? We can provide opportunities to grow and hone your skills. You will be joining a small, highly supportive and engaging team – focussed on designing and delivering industry leading critical risk management practices, with the safety and wellbeing of our people at the core.
Click apply now to learn more