Area Maintenance Manager - East Waikato State Highway Network
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/21627
- Closing Date:17 Oct 2021
Higgins are a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand and we’re on a dynamic growth path, building tomorrows New Zealand with people at the heart of what we do every day.
Our Green Team in the mighty Waikato are looking for an experienced Road Maintenance Manager for the East Waikato Network Outcomes Contract (EWNOC). As the Area Maintenance Manager (South) you will be responsible for the southern part of the East Waikato State Highway Network, from Paeroa to the top the Kaimai Ranges. On a day to day basis, you will be managing the operational team for delivery of cyclic maintenance works, annual programmed works, pre-reseal repairs, and additional works projects provided by Waka Kotahi. You will also manage our supplier and sub-contractor relationships and support and foster a safe work environment.
If you’re committed to a safety-first culture and this sounds like a role for you then this is what you will need in order to successfully deliver:
- Engineering qualification, BE, NZCE or similar
- Experience in leading safety within teams
- Civil construction, operational delivery background with a minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Sound understanding of the legislative framework, standards and best practice methodology that apply to project management and audit issues
- Excellent knowledge of the NZ legislation, accreditations, industry guidelines and standards
- High level communications skills with an influencing emphasis
- Flexible and resilient approach with the ability to travel
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enable the building of effective relationships
- Driving Licence (current, full and clean)
- STMS L1
- High attention to detail
As part of the wider Fletcher Construction Group and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive and zero harm environment for all our employees and are passionate about the safety of our people and are committed to a safety-first culture. A career with Higgins can also lead to opportunities for career development in the wider Fletcher Building business.
We offer a competitive salary plus vehicle, an Employee Welfare Fund, Share Scheme and an Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach educational aspirations.
How to Apply
Ready for the challenge and to get stuck in? If so, we would love to hear from you! Please apply directly online today.
Higgins: Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga