Full-Time & Part-Time Yard Assistants - Mangawhai
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMK 21659
- Closing Date:08 Nov 2021
Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets.
This is an exciting time to join our journey as we grow our people and business, due to internal movements we currently have two great opportunism available:
Full-Time: Join our PlaceMakers Mangawhai team, working 5 days per week across a Monday - Saturday roster within our Yard/Drive-Thru area.
Part-Time: Flexible working hours between Tuesday to Friday, 10 am to 5 pm and Saturdays from 8 am to 1 pm.
This role will see you working in a fast-paced team environment with lots of variety, you will have the pleasure of dealing with and working closely with our building trade customer base. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting within the yard, providing product advice when required
- Monitoring stock, cycle counts and much more
- Loading of goods onto customer vehicles
- Assisting the Trade/Yard Manager as directed to ensure an efficient warehouse is maintained
- Operating a Forklift (licence not necessary)
A clean/ current Full NZ Drivers Licence is essential.
We want our team members to get to know our customers and the projects that they are working on, therefor you will:
- Enjoy building relationships with customers and you’re quick on your feet to solve any problems and ensure resolution
- Have a good base knowledge of building products and the broader industry, in order to confidently provide advice to customers while still being hungry to learn about new products
- And you're always on the hunt for the next task to be completed.
What’s in it for you?
Our Branch and Business is growing, and we would love to have people join who are looking for longevity, opportunities for further training and development as well as career progression.
In return, you will be joining a well-respected company offering a range of benefits that come with being part of the wider Fletcher Building Group so you're in good hands with us!
Please note – A pre-employment medical, including drug test, is required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.