Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Yard and Drive-Thru Team Leader to join the PlaceMakers Silverdale Branch.
You’ll lead and develop our vital front-line team of 5-7 staff and be responsible for driving excellent service delivery to our building and trade customers when they come through our yard and drive thru/pick up area. This is a permanent role working 5 days per week plus on in six Saturdays
A typical day will include –
• Inventory and stock management with the use of continuous improvement techniques
• Effective fleet and logistics management to meet DIFOT targets cost-effectively
• General maintenance to ensure Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality requirements are exceeded
• Staff rostering, work allocation, and ongoing training of staff
• Consistently provides outstanding customer service and remains up to date with best practice customer service
• Ensure that the drive-thru is tidy, and routinely cleaned where required
We are looking for someone with a passion for leading a team, who is highly motivated to make decisions and take action to continuously improve performance and safety measures.
In addition to this, you also possess the following -
• Hands-on leadership skills to ensure that the team exceeds our customers’ expectations
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate/influence the team
• Proficient computer skills
• Full driver’s licence (Essential)
• A valid F-endorsement and Forklift driving experience (Advantage)
• Physically fit and enjoy working both inside and outside
• Proactive and able to think on your feet under pressure
• Previous managerial experience
• Experience with building products
What's on offer?
Here at PlaceMakers you will have the ability to create lasting relationships and contribute to the success of our business. We offer amazing training, development and progression opportunities plus a competitive salary and lots of staff benefits so you're in good hands with us!
We have some amazing success stories of people who have shown commitment to working hard and they have gone on to achieve incredible things.
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including a drug test, is required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.