Mechanical Engineer - Reliability
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/21705
- Closing Date:05 Nov 2021
Our Australian Made Story:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way. Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look. Our Dardanup plant has been producing Particle Board for the last 45 years from renewal resources shipped to all corners of Australia. The site has a loyal and friendly culture where people have made careers spanning the decades.
Where your story starts:
Are you ready to kick start your career in the right direction? At Laminex Dardanup we have an exciting opportunity. We are currently seeking a recently graduated Mechanical Engineer to join our Dardanup Manufacturing plant team. The role will work closely with the Engineering Manager to implement best practice reliability techniques across the Particle Board process in conjunction with the Manufacturing team. The role will deal with predictive, planned, breakdown and other best in class reliability techniques.
- In conjunction with the Engineering Manager implementing a revised Reliability Strategy to maximise Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Working alongside a dedicated team of Planners, Supervisors, and trades.
- Seen as a champion of Preventative Maintenance and continuous improvement.
- Project Management of minor capital projects.
- Driving root cause analysis sessions to identify the true causes of operation downtime.
- Keen eye for analysing reliability data to always maximise plant availability.
Role you’ll play:
With your formal Mechanical Engineering qualification, you will influence and inspire those around you to always seek ways and techniques to improve the overall plant reliability. You will have the technical capability to stay with the detail and also the ability to influence and collaborate. The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/ experience:
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- 2 years minimum experience in a medium to large sized manufacturing company.
- Mechanical Engineering skills and critical thinking techniques.
- Ideally experience in Maintenance Management Systems, auto CAD, spreadsheets / databases / planning software and associated tools.
- Good problem solving and organising skills.
- The ability to work in a proactive safety culture.
- High level written and verbal communication skills.
Start your next chapter:
This role will enable you to be coached and guided along your career path alongside professional Engineers and Trades. You will be located within a fast paced, sophisticated manufacturing environment. If you wish to set the right foundations for a successful career, then this opportunity would be ideal for you.
We are excited to support you along the journey – Apply Today!