PlaceMakers Christchurch is a fast-paced business consisting of four branches and various departments, a busy distribution centre and a specialist sub-trades business. We employ over 180 people who deliver the highest level of service to our customers. Internal promotions occur regularly and for that reason, we have created a new learning pathway for enthusiastic individuals that want to launch their career with us and may not know where to start!
This is where it gets exciting!!! You'll start out on the floor in one of our Drive Through, Despatch or Showroom roles and learn the fundamentals of the business from the ground up. From there you'll experience everything from operations to inventory, sales, telesales, estimations, digital, supply chain and plenty more.
You will be fully supported by department managers to build your knowledge across all areas of our business. There will be so much variety as you’ll be engaging with both internal and external stakeholders while developing a good base knowledge of building products and the broader industry. This will provide you with exposure to day to day tasks, building materials and options, and industry specific requirements across the following key areas -
• Integral roles to learning our products and customers’ needs throughout the branches
• Despatch and distribution operations
• Inventory and supply chain management
• Showroom including Fixings and fastenings, Tools, Paint, Bathrooms, Kitchens, Heating, and gas appliances
• Trade Sales Support by bringing together national and international supply chains into our customer’s projects
• Estimations; understanding and interpreting plans and drawings
• Field Sales, out on sites with our customers
• Digital innovations through our best-in-class Trade App and Portal, helping our customers navigate the supply chain in the digital world
• Supply, fix and install; understanding how we provide an integrated approach to sub-trades management to support our customer’s builds
On completion of this initial programme, you’ll be able to identify whether your skills lie in the sales leadership side of our business, whether you have a hands-on sales focus, or if the operational aspect of what it takes to run a multi-million dollar site is what spins your wheels.
Ideally you will be degree qualified in a business or related discipline and have a burning desire to put your learnings into practice. There’s just something about the building industry that excites you and you’re eager to learn what’s involved and what you’re passionate about. You want to align yourself with a company that will heavily invest in you and your future career. In return you’ll demonstrate an exceptional work ethic, plenty of enthusiasm and energy with the desire to excel in everything you do.
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV and include a one page cover letter outlining why the position is of interest to you and what you can bring to the table. Click “Apply” or email email@example.com quoting ref #21768.
We have some amazing success stories of people who have shown commitment, worked hard and have gone on to achieve incredible things within our business, so you’re in good hands with us!