- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Tasman Insulation
- Job Reference:TINZ21771
- Closing Date:09 Oct 2021
Tasman Insulation are the iconic, market-leading manufacturer and supplier of residential and commercial insulation products to the building industry in New Zealand for over 50 years, including the Pink® Batts® brand.
Our world-class manufacturing facility in Penrose runs 24/7 where we make sustainable, top-quality insulation products. Our H&S culture makes us one of the safest manufacturing sites at Fletcher Building and three-quarters of our production team have been with us for over ten years because they love working here.
Some of the benefits of working at Tasman Insulation include:
• Access to Fletcher Building leadership and development programmes;
• Discounted gym-memberships, discounted mortgage rates with ANZ/Westpac/BNZ and access to education funding for your children, partner and yourself;
• A close-knit team that gets on well and loves the business;
• Free parking.
We are looking for a production operator who is technically competent and skilled in working with automated machinery.
The role is on our wool-line and covers a range of responsibilities to make sure our products meet the specifications and standards identified in our ISO9000 quality system and to ensure quality and production data is recorded accurately.
Key responsibilities include:
• Operating modern product handling and packing equipment
• Setting up and monitoring automated machinery
• Troubleshooting machinery / automation issues
• Assisting the Team Leader with product changes
• Maintaining housekeeping standards in the wool-line area
• A leader of safe working practices and Health & Safety culture;
• Someone who wants to learn, advance and become a leader of people;
• Reliable and can do a 12-hour shift pattern of two-days, two nights – four days off;
• Technically capable;
• Pick things up quickly;
• Have a good level of English with great communication skills;
• Two years’ previous production experience essential;
Applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which include a Criminal History check, medical check and drug & alcohol testing.
How to Apply
Click on Apply Now or for a confidential discussion contact Janine Prakash, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.