PlaceMakers Palmerston North is one of the largest suppliers of materials to the building industry and is also part of New Zealand’s No.1 publicly listed company Fletcher Building. We are currently looking for a high calibre person who is enthusiastic, energetic and passionate to join our busy Showroom and Interiors Team.
“Our motto is that nobody is easier to do business with”
We have a wide variety of customers who come into our Palmerston North branch and it’s up to us to make sure we deliver outstanding service to each and every one of them. We’re looking for someone with the passion for interior design as well as building product knowledge to ensure that we continue to be the leading supplier for everyone from the home DIYers to larger construction businesses.
You will be responsible for maintaining high levels of customer service within our showroom and inspiration centre. You will provide advice to both our Trade and Retail customers on all aspects of interiors but also, as first point of contact in our showroom, you will interact daily with our customers who are the heart and soul of our business.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Proven experience in a customer service and/or retail sales environment
• It is desirable that you have expertise in bathroom and kitchen design and an understanding of laundries, flooring, wardrobes and heating would be great too!
• Your key attention to detail and commitment to perform well independently will help you succeed in this role.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a bubbly personality
• Ability to build rapport with people from all ages and backgrounds
• Motivated, self-driven and able to work independently
• Competent computer and numeracy skills
• Proactive and able to think on your feet and under pressure
This is a full time role working Tuesday to Saturday.
What’s in it for you?
You will be joining a market-leading organisation where your role is not just about sales but also about building relationships and providing solutions to our customers! With your hard work and our support, we can help you to build a career! There are plenty of opportunities within PlaceMakers but being part of Fletcher Building means there are many other staff benefits on offer!
If you are interested in a career where you get as much out as you put in and you are truly recognised and rewarded for your efforts, then click on the link to apply now.
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including drug test will be required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.