- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Brian Perry Civil
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:21 Oct 2021
Brian Perry is a leading and award winning New Zealand specialist civils and foundations contractor. We are in an exciting phase of growth and we continue to undertake a wide range of challenging civil construction projects throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific with specialities including piling retaining walls and ground improvement works to name a few.
Due to this growing workload, we are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geotechnical team and to further strengthen our technical capability. This role would be based in Auckland.
This role will ideally suit a Geotechnical Engineer with approx. 1-3 years of post-grad experience who is excited by the prospect of working within a solutions focussed environment. You would be working on projects involved with geotechnical temporary works, feasibility reviews and design, through to tender support, methodology development, detailed design and support of on-site delivery teams. This role has been designed to suit someone looking for an opportunity to be at the leading edge of temporary works design, piling works and ground improvement.
Our in-house geotechnical team has a strong, collaborative and solution focused culture to provide optimal solutions for our clients and customers.
We are looking for a strong team player with a passion for geotechnical engineering and the following attributes, competencies and experience in our successful candidate:
- An appropriate tertiary level qualification in geotechnical engineering or civil engineering
- At least 1 year of post-grad experience (ideally working for a contracting firm)
- Exposure to foundation design and/or construction
- A real hands-on, can-do approach
- The ability to work autonomously and be self-directed
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs
- A focus on delivering fit for purpose practical solutions
- A desire to more actively contribute and participate in solving construction and on-site related issues
- A track record in coming up with innovative cost effective solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Make a difference to our business and advance your career. At Brian Perry Civil you will enjoy the benefits and recognition of working for a well-respected business unit within the Fletcher Building Group. Along with a competitive remuneration package, this opportunity will also be an idea platform for high performers to be ‘seen’ within the group and by your peers.
How to Apply
Up for the challenge? All applications to be submitted directly online, or through our website on www.fbcareers.com
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.