- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/ 10039348
- Closing Date:30 Jan 2022
The Higgins Green Team on the sunny Kāpiti Coast have opportunities available for hands on Road Maintenance Operator/Labourers to join their crew.
About the role:
Working alongside the Road Maintenance foreperson you will be looking after maintenance repair works, annual programmed works, pre-seal repairs, and additional works projects on the Kapiti Coast roading network. Some of the works involve:
• Operating a range of machinery; diggers, rollers, plate compactor, chainsaw, small tools
• Culvert and drainage maintenance, cleaning and minor structural work
• Pavement and footpath maintenance - potholes, crack sealing, shovel repairs
• Non-structural bridge maintenance
• Sweeping, litter collection, detritus clearing and tree trimming
• Rostered after hours incident response
What you’ll bring to the role:
• A safety-first attitude – for yourself and the public
• Team player
• Flexible, committed and reliable – will turn up rain or shine
• Minimum full class 1 licence (WTR Bonus)
• Previous experience advantageous
• Passion for our industry and the willingness to work hard and learn
• Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in road maintenance (bonus)
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
If you are not afraid of hard work, passionate and keen to learn then we’d love to hear you you. Apply today or drop in to our Kāpiti branch for an application form!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.