Bitumen Sprayer Operator Trainee
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Road Surfacing
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/21867
- Closing Date:18 Feb 2022
Our Higgins Green Team in Taupo have an amazing opportunity for a Bitumen Sprayer Operator Trainee to join their team and grow your career!
All training and development to help you in this role will be ongoing from day one while learning from some of the best within the road construction and maintenance industry.
We are looking for a keen and enthusiastic team player that is wanting to grow in their career and gain the valuable experience as a Sprayer Operator.
About the job:
Working within the Taupo team you will be working on re-seals, commercial work and patching along with other sealing activities.
• Full Clean Class 4 New Zealand driver’s licence
• Confident driving in all conditions and a clean driving record
• Some industry knowledge and skill
• A desire to grow in your career within Higgins
• Be keen to train and learn about working with Bitumen
• Be self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
What you will get in return:
• We will teach you about Bitumen and how to handle it safely
• Guide you through your training as you learn the skills as a Bitumen Sprayer Operator - a highly sought-after skill in New Zealand!
• A competitive hourly rate
• A great work ethic – you’ll be part of a busy team and some long hours are required
• Access to the Fletchers Benefits Programme, including multi-buisness discounts for you and your family
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga