Technical Solutions Team Lead
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Location:Remote Location - Victoria
- Job Reference:LAM/21912
- Closing Date:27 Sep 2021
Our Australian made story
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s became happy little Vegemite’s, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home, our team spend their day designing products so that all Australians can create beautiful spaces.
Life at Laminex
Laminex is focused on the success and support of our people, through numerous initiatives to ensure that everyone can enjoy Life at Laminex. This includes Live Workplace TV, Podcasts, wellbeing Frameworks, Top Talent programs and flexible working. We believe life outside of work and your wellbeing is important and this is what makes you perform at your best.
Here are a few more reasons we have just been named as one of Australia’s “ Best Places to Work”
- Ongoing training and development with over 600 online learning modules available for you to up-skill at any time
- A culture that truly promotes innovation
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees.
Why start your story here in our R & D team?
Laminex is embarking on a Product Leadership journey, driving towards sustainable profitable growth and achieving this through its newly established Research and Product Development team.
Here is a little more:
- We have a revised strategic focus across product leadership
- This team is positioned between enabling and ensuring our product development initiatives are commercialised successfully and supporting our customers with the familiarisation and integration of these products
- As a member also of the broader R&PD group, we are currently embarking on a change journey to ensure the right balance between internal and external support
- This position holds significant value add and benefit to the business
Where your story begins
The Technical Solutions Team is the interface between the Product Development cycle and Sales/Commercial team. As our new Technical Solutions Team Lead you will be tasked with leading our geographically dispersed Technical team ensuring the smooth transition of product launches to market.
This role also includes ensuring the delivery of a highly engaging customer experience through the distribution of engineering solutions. Whether it be through the need for additional information, training or working with the internal teams within claims resolution.
This also includes
- Solve complex problems and develop practical solutions and address product performance concerns within agreed time constraints
- Drive technical improvements to business products and processes as well as customer outcomes
- Develop technical Manuals and literature while analysing customer data to develop an insight into current innovation market
The role you will play
This position calls for a professional with the unique balance or commercial acumen and technical abilities. With the aptitude to provide both technical expertise to devise innovative solutions and the charisma to create long lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The knowledge you will bring to the position will include but is not limited to:
- A relevant engineering degree- (Civil or Structural Engineering is preferred)
- Advanced understanding of engineering principles, theories, and concepts
- Knowledgeable in architecture and design space
- Proven success leading a team
- Fantastically honed analytic skills, proactive and engaging communication skills
- A strong technical mindset with the ability to read and interpret technical data.
This opportunity will give you the tools to build on a career while providing you the support and freedom to lead your team and develop exceptions innovation and services.
The Question is...
Are you ready to start your next chapter?