Business Development Manager - Residential
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Fletcher Insulation AU
- Location:Rooty Hill
- Job Reference:FI/21920
- Closing Date:01 Oct 2021
Fletcher Insulation (FI) is part of the Fletcher Building Group and is Australia's leading insulation company. We are at the forefront of innovation and development of new trends, supplying our favourite brands of insulation - including Pink Batts® insulation, Sisalation® reflective foil and Permastop® building blanket - to name a few. Insulation is a product that provides our customer's comfort and reduces energy consumption and, therefore, our impact on the environment,; we make a truly sustainable product from up to 80% recycled glass. We are proud of what we do at Fletcher Insulation, making an Australian Made product that makes a real difference.
With more than 16,000 people across Australia and New Zealand, the Fletcher Building family is a global community made up of people who use all their experience, skills and individuality to do amazing work.
About the Opportunity
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Business Development Manager to join the Fletcher Insulation team in Rooty Hill and service the Sydney area.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for profitable growth through winning new business and supporting the development of our current customers in the NSW Residential segment. There will be considerable focus on small to medium builders and supply & install partners.
Your primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Secure new small to medium builders
- Enhance and Support our current Supply and Fit partners to enable their businesses to grow as we grow
- Ensure that you maximise the share of wallet with new and existing customers
- Ensure profitable growth
- Promote Australian Made and the Pink Brand
- Development and implementation of segment sales plan in conjunction with Regional Sales Manager NSW/QLD
- Maintain debtor day control of assigned segment
To be successful in this role, you must enjoy winning business, working within a dynamic team, have excellent attention to detail and pride yourself on delivering a superior outcome for our customers and business. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Have a hunter mindset: the ability to win new business and love doing so
- Discipline management of accounts and profitability
- Proven experience in the building and/or similar industry is desirable
- Technical aptitude for specialist products
- Ability to work independently as well as with other members of a team
- Positive attitude under pressure
With operations across Australia and New Zealand, Fletcher Building provides a great platform to grow your career. In addition to career development pathways, you will have access to:
- Staff Discounts – generous discounts within the Fletcher Building group in addition to discounts on health insurance, banking, optical, travel, technology, car rental and more through our internal perks program!
- FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work
- Learning Academy – an award-winning learning academy supporting your career development
- Employee Education Fund – a Private Trust Fund managed independently of Fletcher Building to provide funding for education and training to employees
- FB Excellence Awards – recognising, celebrating and sharing the best achievements in leadership, innovation, performance excellence and customer service
- Involved in supplying an Australian made product that is good for the environment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.