Showroom Consultant - Whitianga
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMK AD/21929
- Closing Date:25 Sep 2021
Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand’s leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. We employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading a small team that are focussed on trade counter sales and customer service within our showroom which includes our Inspiration Centre for Heating, Bathroom & Kitchen. Alongside this, you will manage and coordinate the following –
• Internal events
• In-store advertising and promotions
• Merchandising and displays
• Product ordering
• Liaising with the Inventory team
• Team training and development
Being customer centric with a passion for exceptional service, you lead by example and have proven leadership experience that engages and encourages your team to do their best. You care about the little things and have an impeccable eye for detail when it comes to product/store presentation and enjoy thinking outside the box to ensure overall objectives are met. With a positive and outgoing personality, you enjoy a varied role within a fast paced environment.
To be successful in this role you will also possess:
• Experience in the building industry, retail or consumer showroom environment
• Strong communication skills with ability to delegate appropriately
• Effective time management, organisation and planning skills
• A commitment to continuously review process and implement improvements
What’s in it for you?
Working 7am to 5pm Monday-Friday with rostered Saturdays, you will be fully supported and provided with adequate training while earning a competitive salary. You’ll be part of a market-leading organisation where there are genuine opportunities for growth and career development plus being part of the Fletcher Building Group means there are fantastic staff benefits on offer!
If you are interested in a career where you get as much out as you put in and you are truly recognised and rewarded for your efforts, then click on the link to apply now.
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including drug test will be required.