Laboratory Technician - Napier
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/21946
- Closing Date:19 Dec 2021
The Napier testing laboratory is responsible for ensuring Higgins products such as aggregates, soils, and hot mix asphalt are tested as part of our manufacturing and construction activities. This role will include both field and laboratory-based sampling and testing of construction materials.
The position has no unusual physical demands; however, there is routine exposure to the potential hazards of laboratory chemicals and testing equipment. Sufficient manual dexterity is needed to operate personal computer keyboard and testing equipment. Sufficient strength is required for routine lifting of laboratory materials and equipment. Extended periods of time will be spent standing/moving about the laboratory.
• Tertiary Diploma or equivalent in Construction or Science related field
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the contracting industry/laboratory environment in the testing of construction materials
• Good computer skills including word-processing and spreadsheet skills
• The ability to work in a team-oriented environment
• Strong personal organisation and multi-tasking skills as is the ability to handle normal workloads with minimal supervision
• A valid, clean, and current Class 1 driver’s license is essential
• You will be motivated to take on a few different tasks for different people and enjoy solving problems and delivering outcomes to our customers
• You may be required to work at night and during weekends when the work demands
In return we offer:
• A competitive remuneration along with Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships, share schemes and lots more for you and your family to enjoy
• Learning and development opportunities
• Variety in your day to day activities
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure construction company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrow’s New Zealand.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If this opportunity is ticking your boxes, then don’t wait, apply online today!