Fleet Coordinator - PlaceMakers National Office
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMK/21993
- Closing Date:01 Oct 2021
Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
About 18 months ago we began the transformation initiative of creating a centralised Delivery Services team to take full control of all deliveries run from our branch network to our customers all over the country. This has been a significant change process however the change has gone well. We have approximal 75 drivers based across NZ and we are looking to continue to grow this team and the associated fleet and so it is time to go up another gear!
We are looking to recruit for a newly created role - the Fleet Coordinator. The purpose of the role is to be accountable for providing support to the Fleet Optimisation Manager with a focus on fleet R&M and driver pool administration.
Reporting to the Fleet Optimisation Manager, we will be looking to you to:
- Co-ordinate fleet repair and maintenance within process guidelines for preventative maintenance
- Co-ordinate fleet repair and maintenance within process guidelines for ADHOC maintenance
- Administration of driver annual leave pool
- Administration of travel bookings (Driver pool and team)
- Administration cost centre management (Driver pool)
- Management of fleet supplies for new and existing fleet
- Able to stand back from a situation and evaluate information and courses of action, which are both logical and rational.
- Able to actively influence events, seeing opportunities, and acting on them.
Work alongside internal and external customers to ensure that the impact of the fleet being off the road does not impact the business.
What will we be looking for in a successful candidate?
- Strong communication Skills
- Strong Analytical ability
- Thorough and accurate in their approach to work with high attention to detail.
- Excellent time management
- Sound knowledge of heavy commercial vehicles and their mechanics
- Sound knowledge of NZ laws surrounding heavy commercial vehicles
- Microsoft Office knowledge
What's in it for you?
In return, we offer the opportunity to work with a well-known, leading brand, a supportive working environment with a great career development platform as well as a competitive salary package. There are also the benefits and career development opportunities that come with being part of the wider Fletcher Building Group.
If you have the above skills and experience and are ready for a new challenge, please apply today!
Please note – A pre-employment medical, including a drug test, is required.