- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:CSP/22028
- Closing Date:30 Nov 2021
CSP Pacific is New Zealand’s leading manufacturer and distributor of road safety barriers, barricades and safety cushions, along with lighting, telecoms and security poles to the construction and infrastructure industry. We have been involved in projects throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific for the last four decades which, at their heart, intend to help keep people safe.
Are you an experienced Production Manager with a proven record in people management, interested in process automation and with a drive and a passion for Health and Safety?
We are looking for a motivated individual with experience in a multi-cultural, unionised environment and someone who has the ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships at all levels.
Reporting to the Head of CSP Pacific, this senior role will play a key part in driving efficiencies and continuous improvement across our small team. You will be based in Onehunga, have two direct reports and responsible for;
• Providing management and leadership to the operations on-site
• Coaching and upskilling staff – utilising our Operations KPI’s
• Meeting service expectations in a safe and timely manner
• Ensuring the environmental compliance, health, safety and well-being of all staff, contractors and visitors is managed
• A collaborative approach to planning, to ensure customer deliveries requirements are met
• Driving high quality product delivery with minimal waste
• Providing support to the employees, to ensure productivity efficiencies and improvements are achieved
• To develop and implement production strategies, capital requirements which maximize the long-term profitability and sustainability of the business.
The ideal person for this position will;
• Have senior production experience within a manufacturing environment
• Proven people management experience
• Ability to drive change
• Comfortable in a high-pressured environment
• Strong communication capabilities, both written and verbal
• Confident with Microsoft Office suite and comfortable learning/using various software programs
• Good mechanical and engineering mindset
This role will allow you to take over the reins of a high performing and competent team, whilst also having the ability to continue to implement improvements as you identify them. You will be given exposure to a range of best practice approaches from across the wider organisation and will be provided support to continue your own professional development. We have a great team culture within our organisation where our employees stay with us and create a collaborative work environment.
If this sounds like you or you want to know more, please apply online and we will be in touch to discuss your application.
We are committed to providing a safe and drug free work place. Successful applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment. All applicants should have residency in New Zealand.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.