- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/22032
- Closing Date:18 Dec 2021
We are looking for a Digger Operator to join our Maintenance Team in Te Awamutu. This role will also involve general labouring duties, operating 5 – 12 T excavators, 7 – 10 T trucks and rollers.
Come join the Higgins Team:
• Career development – opportunities available to grow you career at Higgins
• Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
• Competitive hourly rate
• Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Full New Zealand Driver’s License –Class 2 (required)
• WTR endorsement
• Ideally you will have Digger experience
• A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Roading and Infrastructure experience
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haere
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.