- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/22104
- Closing Date:31 Oct 2021
We have an opportunity available for an experienced Industrial Electrician to join the team at Specialised Engineering Services in Palmerston North.
• Competitive Salary + Vehicle
• Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
As an Industrial Electrician you will be providing electrical services to the plant, including the installation and maintenance of industrial equipment. Your other day to day responsibilities include:
• Troubleshooting, and providing hands on solutions for repairs and modifications
• Performing safety checks and inspection
• Providing reactive and preventive electrical maintenance and liaising with Maintenance Management to schedule planned maintenance.
• Monthly reporting and ensure spare parts and equipment are in stock and up to date.
What you will bring to the role:
• A trade qualification as an electrician and NZ registration as an electrician with a current practising licence
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in an electrical industry, at least 3 years in industrial
• This is a sole charge role so you will need to be self-motivated and capable of working both independently as well as part of a team
• Experience with LV installations
• Able to analyse problems and implement effective solutions on a timely basis
Who are Specialised Engineering Services?
Specialised Engineering Services form part of the wider Higgins business specialising in manufacturing, assembling, repairing, and servicing Bitumen tanks and trailer equipment.
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haere