Logistics Coordinator - Mt Maunganui
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Location:Mount Maunganui
- Job Reference:PMK AD/22108
- Closing Date:10 Oct 2021
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
Help us build New Zealand! Our motto is that nobody is easier to do business with. Trade continues to be a growing part of our business and we’re looking for someone with the passion to ensure that we continue to be the leading supplier for New Zealand’s building industry.
We are looking for an experienced Logistics Coordinator to join our team, whose main responsibilities will be to coordinate all daily transportation activities.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
• Coordination of daily transportation activities
• Coordination of materials around site & storage on site
• Liaise and coordinate with planner to achieve daily delivery program
• Ensuring that materials get to site on time and are correct.
• Coordination of inwards and outwards freight
The key skills, qualifications and experience you will need to succeed in this role include:
• Coordinating transportation to ensure prompt and proper movement of building supplies
• Effective communication, including writing, speaking and interpersonal communication
• Quick critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to use computers, software and other technology for inventory and communication purposes
• A transport / logistics background will be preferred
This role will provide you with an opportunity to exercise a wide range of skills you will have developed over the years whilst providing you with the platform on which to make your mark and be recognised for your contribution.
We are only able to consider applications from those with New Zealand Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including a drug test is required.