- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/20280
- Closing Date:22 Oct 2021
About Haven Kitchens by Formica
We’re a kitchen company with a difference.
Ever heard of Paul Kelly’s song “From little things, big things grow”? Well that’s what we’re singing on our way to work every day.
Backed by an industry giant (hello, Laminex) – we’re a start up that has big plans and we’re looking for like-minded people to join our dream, in an industry ready for disruption.
How this role will contribute to our future
One of our core values is Better Every Day. We’re going through an exciting business expansion opportunity & as such, we are looking for a Warehouse Supervisor that is responsible ensuring agreed levels of customer service are achieved through the effective coordination of all warehouse / distribution operations. Ensure products are distributed efficiently in a cost effective manner.
Key focuses & responsibilities?
This is a very unique role that requires a hands-on personality that has the operational capability but with a customer centric mindset.
- Follow all procedures in accordance with FB / Laminex OH&S/Environment policies and procedures and legislation
- Actively demonstrate safe work processes, and behaviours and ensure these are followed by all employees and contractors in their place of work
- Support the implementation of HS&E procedures in the business that meet local standards and Fletcher requirements and support and implement company wide safety initiatives as appropriate
- Ensure all hazard identifications and risk assessments are completed and processed quickly and efficiently i.e. team and individual compliance completing target safety observations Actively participate in OH&S training
- Maintain the warehouse to a satisfactory standard (e.g. housekeeping)
- Responsible for the effective resource planning within the warehouse, which includes load distribution, route planning for all vehicles.
- Ensure staff rosters are maintained within agreed parameters to meet operational demands
What we are asking you to bring to the team
This is an exciting opportunity for someone that wants to step into a position a provide high impact and value add perspective within an Australian based manufacturer.
We are looking for:
- 2-5 years’ experience in warehousing/logistics operations.
- 3-5 years supervisory / co-ordination of warehousing / logistics personnel.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify continuous improvement projects for the warehouse operations, make proposals and implement agreed improvement plans.
- Previous experience leading Safety & Environment programs
- Forklift License
- Capable knowledge of warehouse / logistics management systems
- Kitchen/Home or building industry exposure preferred
We’re backed by Laminex (& Fletcher Building Group)
As your friends and family, Laminex has been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Laminex is a diverse, innovative and product leading organisation a part of the Fletcher Building Group with locations across Australia and New Zealand.
Go on, join us. We dare you.