Senior Internal Auditor
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Corporate Finance
- Job Reference:FBC/22151
- Closing Date:26 Sep 2021
The Fletcher Building family is a community made up of people who use all their experience, skills, and individuality to do amazing work. Our culture, our people and the ongoing development of our capabilities will drive our success. We are committed to attracting the best talent, developing our people and creating engaged and high performing teams which deliver great results for our customers.
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a new Senior Internal Auditor. Based at our Penrose office, Auckland, you will utilise your skills and experience in this senior role as you join a small group of dedicated audit professionals. As part of our wider Group Assurance team, you will provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services in support of our diverse business operations.
You’ll bring a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the group’s key risk management, control and governance processes, where you’ll be responsible for delivering the internal audit plan, supporting the Senior Internal Audit Lead with reporting and coaching the more junior members of the team on a day to day basis. Responsibilities include:
- Audit engagement planning
- Process and control analysis; identifying findings that add value to business operations
- Data analysis, reporting and providing insights to key business stakeholders
- Drafting concise and well-written audit reports which provide value to the stakeholders
- Proactive workflow management, ensuring audits are scheduled and completed to timeframes
- Promoting continuous improvement, improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with those around you as you leverage your skills and experience to assist in the development of others
- You will also get the opportunity to drive special projects and utilise your background to consult on non-audit assignments and be supported by various Fletcher Building initiatives that support your own professional development.
As someone with a relevant tertiary qualification, at least 5 years demonstrated experience in a similar auditing role and CA, CPA, CIA or CISA professional status, you will be ready for your next career challenge in this pivotal senior role. Your strong interpersonal skills will see you partnering with and influencing your key stakeholders as you utilise your previous success in achieving both business outcomes and business improvement.
A self-starter, with a proven attention to detail, confident approach and a passion for what you do, you will enjoy a challenging corporate environment as part of a diverse, large-scale organisation as you join the team at Fletcher Building.
Apply now to showcase your skills and carve out a rewarding career path with the team at Fletcher Building, or contact Mereula Nacewa on 021 727 166 for more info.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.