- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/22164
- Closing Date:31 Oct 2021
We have an opportunity available for a Qualified Fitter/Welder to join the team at Specialised Engineering Services in Palmerston North
As a Trade Qualified Fitter Welder, you will be working on a variety of jobs including stainless steel and carbon steel fabrication. Repairs and maintenance of trailer and bulk tank machinery. Manufacture of new plant and machinery for the Bitumen transportation industry.
• Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
• Competitive hourly rate
• Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Level 4 trade qualified fitter/welder or equivalent
• Ideally 3 years post qualification experience in manufacturing and fabrication
• Full clean Class 1 New Zealand Driver’s License. Class 2 and Dangerous Goods would be an advantage.
• It is desirable if you have experience in Tank and Trailer Fabrication, MIG, TIG Stainless, Aluminium Fabrication, Fitting and assembly
• Strong focus on health and safety not just your own but your colleagues and the public
Who are Specialised Engineering Services?
Specialised Engineering Services form part of the wider Higgins business specialising in manufacturing, assembling, repairing, and servicing Bitumen tanks and trailer equipment.
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check. Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haere