Dispatch & Truck loader
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:REO22181
- Closing Date:26 Sep 2021
Fletcher Reinforcing supplies the reinforcing steel and reinforcing mesh that provides greater strength to concrete foundations and structures. We are market leaders in the supply of reinforcing throughout New Zealand. Our team have a passion for the Fletcher Reinforcing brand and a drive to be the best in the industry.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Material Handler to join our team in Auckland. Reporting into our Material and Logistic Team Leader you will be responsible for the overall loading and dispatch of Reinforcing Steel from our Mount Wellington site. You will be aware of potential hazards that come with working in a manufacturing environment and champion our health and safety procedures.
Day to day you will be responsible for;
- Moving stock using our Gantry Cranes and Fork Hoists
- Accurately loading trucks, on time and in full
- Preparing, loading and dispatching outwards goods and receiving and unloading inwards goods
- Working towards targets
- Maintain a clean and well-organized working area
- Dispatch administration
To be considered for this role you will;
- have previous experience working on Gantry Cranes and Fork Hoists.
- Experience with dispatch or loading
- Be looking to work 5.00am – 1.30pm in Mount Wellington
- Be computer literate and looking to develop further skills in this area
- Strong understanding of health and safety
- be hardworking, trustworthy and reliable with a good team attitude!
If this sounds like you then please apply today! Applications will be reviewed as they are received and successful applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment. All applicants should have permanent working rights for New Zealand.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.