- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Iplex AU
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:28 Oct 2021
At Iplex “We Know Water” – Our vision is to solve Australia’s water challenges by partnering with our customers and communities to provide, safe, secure and innovative water solutions, today and into the future.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an Account Manager to join our dynamic team. In this role you will be covering QLD & NT including within SEQ. The individual will be actively involved with key decision makers within the State & Local Water Authorities, Civil Contractors (including tier 1 contractors) and in the Telecommunication contracting markets. This role is critical to the business performance and will be directly responsible for developing and maintaining strategic relationships with our key accounts.
About the role
- Explanation of specific events or circumstances, Justification of action taken, Recommendations on actions to be taken and Reporting of problems with systems, policies and procedures
- To follow up and action customer inquiries, to confirm pricing and to negotiate product sales and delivery.
- Product orders and sales, General inquiries, Delivery inquiries, Product complaints and Account and Credit inquiries.
- Apply various sales skills to capitalise on opportunities to secure sales through negotiation of prices.
- Establish new relationships, and re-establish historical relationships with Civil contractors in designated areas throughout SE QLD
- Maximise customer sales by identifying opportunities through product cross selling and optimisation
You will demonstrate experience as an Account Manager within the Civil, Plumbing or Irrigation industry with a solid understanding of water infrastructure.
Critical to your success will be your ability to cultivate long term strategic partnerships along with your well-developed influencing and negotiation skills. We are seeking to appoint an exceptional communicator who has the ability to balance sales with customer service, along with strong time and project management skills to ensure we deliver on our promise of an exceptional customer experience.
We are looking for candidates who possess the following skills and attributes:
- Year 12 or tertiary Engineering/ business qualification (preferred but not essential)
- 2-5 years’ experience in sales into civil construction field
- 2-5 years’ experience within the PE/PVC/Ductile pipe industry (preferred but not essential)
- The ability to look at bigger picture and decide on appropriate actions needed that balance both business and customer experience requirements.
- Problem solving skills and negotiation skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and support team to deliver KPI’s.