Maintenance Electrician (Finishing)
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/22197
- Closing Date:19 Oct 2021
Our Australian Made Story:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s became happy little Vegemite’s, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home, our team spend their day designing products so that all Australians can create beautiful spaces.
Where your story starts:
A vacancy exists at our large modern Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF) Plant located near Gympie (Cooloola / Sunshine Coast) for a qualified Maintenance Electrician to join the team. The position is responsible for ensuring the reliable operation of the Plant, 24 hours per day / 7 days per week.
Role you’ll play:
- Provide immediate breakdown support to production in all areas of the plant
- Install electrical equipment for plant modifications
- Conduct high level fault finding, repair and carry out maintenance on complex electrical systems comprising of Citect SCADA systems, Allen Bradley PLCs, Variable Speed and Servo drive systems.
- Assist in the identification and elimination of process bottlenecks
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Electrical trade qualification - further qualifications in instrumentation would be highly desirable
- Process Control, DC drive and High Voltage experience
- Previous experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team
- A high standard of safety awareness and focus
- Ability to proactively support all continuous improvement programs
- An exposure to a Computerised Management System (CMMS) would be advantageous
The site runs a 7-day continuous shift roster, however this position is primarily a day work role requiring blocks of intermittent continuous shift work coverage as required. This role reports to the Reliability Leader.
Life at Laminex:
Together we are part of Fletcher Building, Australasia’s largest building materials supplier. We manufacture building products; from insulation that keeps homes warm and dry, to cement, the foundation of built structures the world over. We operate retail businesses that distribute these products and many more to tradespeople right across the Tasman.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Laminex team? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.