Senior Functional Business Analyst
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Information Technology
- Business Group:Group Technology
- Job Reference:FBC/22202
- Closing Date:28 Sep 2021
At Fletcher Building, we are committed to attracting the best talent, developing our people, and creating engaged and high performing teams who deliver great results for our customers. Our people are guided by our values – Be Bold, Play Fair, Better Every Day, Customer Leading, and Better Together – which helps us create the kind of workplace that delivers great results, in the right way. There has never been a better time to join the FB family where our people are committed to making a difference for FB and for NZ.
Group Technology acts as a centre of excellence to provide high quality insights, guidance and advice on all aspects of IT and technical infrastructure across the FB Group.
About The Role
The Senior FBA is an SME in the enterprise systems and associated business functional areas they support. As such, they are a key component in any new development activities for enterprise system and business process changes. Responsible for defining, analysing, modelling, configuring and documenting the requirements for all changes to the enterprise systems and associated business processes. They act as the primary interface for all enterprise system changes required to support 3rd party and external systems. Additionally, they have primary responsibility for supporting existing systems - working with other GT teams and vendors to maintain them.
Requirements Definition and Business Analysis
- Utilise your analytical and communication skills to elicit, understand, validate and document requirements for business issues, functions and processes.
- Identify and implement methods of improving business processes and system quality/efficiency.
- Supporting existing business applications in use across the Distribution Division business units to maintain high levels of uptime and ensure prompt resolution of issues.
- Liaise with other GT teams and vendors as part of the support process to resolve issues
- Investigate and address the root cause of incidents relating to Distribution Division applications and systems
- Identify and address risks within current applications & systems
Solution Configuration, Development & Implementation:
- Lead, develop and manage the implementation of new solutions
- Manage changes to existing systems, leading the change activity, liaising with other teams and vendors to plan and implement the changes, manage UAT/business testing
- Develop and publish critical end user documentation along with technical documentation needed to support the solution
- Support end user training activities as required.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships within FB to support knowledge sharing, collaboration and team activities
- Be a trusted advisor to the business you are responsible for, attending reviews and meetings
- Work with external suppliers of products and services used to deliver solutions to the business divisions
- Around 5 years of relevant ERP support, business analysis and process modelling experience.
- Experience supporting enterprise & business applications within manufacturing, construction, distribution or supply chain
- Subject matter expert in both enterprise applications and business processes particularly in the finance & manufacturing areas
- SQL & Oracle database management experience desired, extracting data, manipulating tables, writing queries.
- Time working in business
- Tertiary qualification in Business/IT
If you're ready to carve out a rewarding career with us and think you've got what it takes to succeed in this Senior role, apply now or contact Guy Thompson on 0272 138 682 for more information.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.