Finishing Line Operator
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/22220
- Closing Date:24 Sep 2021
About Laminex Australia
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
We have several Process Operations roles for people who are eager to advance their skill set in a manufacturing process and thrive in a team orientated environment. Laminex has been part of Australian life for more than 80 Years we are the leading marketer, supplier and manufacturer of premium decorative surfaces in Australia.
Our network of Australian manufacturing plants covers seven locations across four states. In Cheltenham, a bayside suburb of Melbourne, we make high pressure laminate, compact laminate and wet-area panelling. A few hours west in Ballarat, a regional Victorian town, we make decorated MDF used for cabinetry doors and here in Dardanup WA and in Gympie QLD, we manufacture low pressure laminate, Raw particleboard and MDF.
Laminex Dardanup is currently recruiting for Process Operators to join our 24/7 plant at our Dardanup site close to Bunbury. These permanent roles are offered on a Continuous Day / Night Shift roster following 2 days 2 nights and 4 days off rotation. You will commence as a Process Operator ensuring the production lines are continuously supplied with materials and consumables. Then you will graduate to become a multi-skilled process operator responsible for high speed and complex process lines.
- Prepare product for processing
- Machine interface and operation in a high-speed environment
- Safe and precise operation of forklifts
- Work within a team of up to 8 people
- Operate forklift to move product between storage and plant
- Identify hazards and safety concerns
- Completes shift Process Control sheets
- Identifies maintenance issues with plant/equipment
- Willing to upskill across different plant/equipment through buddy system training.
- Enters product data accurately and promptly into the production management system.
- Participate in Safety observations
- Participate in buddy training of other employees
- Complete detailed and accurate quality control checks
- Complete effective hand over whilst maintaining efficient plant operation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
- Previous experience in a similar role within a processing plant/facility is desirable
- Current High-Risk license (Forklift) or willing to obtain desirable;
- Committed to a safe work environment and willing to promote safety within a team;
- Ability to work on a shift roster;
- Ability to work in a team or autonomously;
- Strong communication and a strict safety conscious mindset
We’re a part of the Fletcher Building Group, with operations in Australia and New Zealand. The Fletcher Building family is a global community of people who celebrate each other’s experience, skills and individuality to create amazing work. With that, comes a lot of opportunity.
Come and build your career with us!