- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Iplex AU
- Job Reference:ipx/2251
- Closing Date:30 Sep 2021
At Iplex “We Know Water” – Our vision is to solve Australia’s water challenges by partnering with our customers and communities to provide, safe, secure and innovative water solutions, today and into the future.
Driven by this renewed focus and mandate for profitable growth, we are looking to engage the very highest quality candidates to enhance our existing teams and ultimately create highly engaged and high performing teams who deliver unmatchable results for our customers.
Since 2011, Iplex has been a member of the ASX listed Fletcher Building Group, focused on building and construction activities. Fletcher Building today employs over 16,000 people in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific. The Fletcher Building operations span manufacturing, distribution and retail, home building and major construction and infrastructure projects.
We currently have an opportunity for an Operational Procurement Manager to join the team based at Brendale. The successful Applicant will be responsible for delivering improved commercial and operational outcomes through procurement, purchasing and planning for Iplex Pipelines. This will be achieved through tactical and strategic approaches, including strategy development, identification of cost reduction and operational efficiency opportunities, market engagement, sourcing, contract negotiation and supplier management.
- This Operational Procurement Manager is responsible for third party supply spend across Capex, Indirects and other services as required.
- Development and implementation of procedures, and processes to deliver business improvement across the third party spend categories.
- Manage / supervise the operational Purchasing and Planning Team and implement strategies to:
o Monitor and control inventory within required levels
o Identify, solve (expedite where possible) and report potential supply problems
o Review current stock position vs FC for planning of future orders
- Deliver a medium / long term operational procurement planning strategy, aligned to the broader Iplex procurement strategy, as well as the Iplex and Fletcher Building strategic goals and report on progress against agreed targets through monthly and annual reports.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in procurement / supply chain preferred.
- 3 years relevant experience managing a procurement / planning team and engaging with senior management.
- In depth knowledge of procurement, planning and purchasing systems best practice.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.