- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Humes Pipeline Systems
- Job Reference:HPS/22265
- Closing Date:08 Oct 2021
Humes is the largest pipeline systems supplier to New Zealand's infrastructure and rural market. We are proud to be part of the Fletcher Building group of companies. The Fletcher Building family is a global community made up of people who use all of their experience, skills and individuality to do amazing work. With over 34 businesses operating we are enriched by many different languages, customs and lifestyles.
We are seeking a friendly person to join our Humes team. This is a full-time entry level role, based at our factory in Papakura. If you are a self-starter with a positive attitude this role might be for you!
- Preparing, assembling, checking and cleaning moulds
- Making reinforcing cages and pouring concrete
- Inspecting products for defects and repairing them where possible
- Understanding drawings for each product manufactured
- You will constantly be learning new skills to improve work methods and product quality
- Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. until 2:30pm. Some extra hours may be required
Required Skills & Experience:
This role is suited to someone that enjoys manual labour and isn't afraid to get their hands dirty!
- You must be hardworking and determined
- Be reliable and work well in a team environment
- Physically fit and able to lift objects up to 25 kilograms in weight
- Safety focused
- Positive attitude
- Clean driver’s licence
- Full training provided
- Future career opportunities
- Great staff benefits
- Free parking
- A great opportunity to get into permanent full time work
- Pay increases through a Skill Based Pay system
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand, and able to pass a pre-employment alcohol/drug and criminal check.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.