- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Brian Perry Civil
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:05 Nov 2021
Brian Perry Civil is a leading and award-winning New Zealand specialist civil and foundation contractor. As part of the overall Fletcher Building Group, we undertake a wide range of challenging civil construction projects throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific with specialties including piling, retaining wall and ground improvement works.
This role will coordinate with the Lead Estimator to develop and complete non priced attributes for tenders and maintain and carry out all tendering administration required for the estimating team in line with the overall business plan.
You will need to support the procurement of new business by assisting the team with the production of high quality tender submissions, coordinating with Estimators, Writers, Designers and the resource library. Another key focus for this role will be to assist in maintaining customer relationships, management repositories, processes and standards.
We are looking for someone who is either planning to undertake some technical study or has completed a similar course. You will be a self-starter, who can work autonomously, but as importantly be a team player and ultimately be the glue that holds the new business team together in a timely and effective manner.
The key duties include:
- Liaise with new the business team to plan/manage tender opportunities
- Preparation of tender submissions including expressions of interest, registrations of interest, and tenders within specified deadlines
- Identify key drivers for the submission, ensuring it is relevant, reflects the brief and is in the agreed format
- Liaise with all parties involved in production of proposals including Other FCC Business Units
- Follow up tender submissions with Consultants and clients
- Manage all incoming/outgoing documents
To be successful in this role you ideally have the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven research skills and preferably some experience writing proposals or briefs
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strategic thinking, planning and coordinating ability
- An excellent eye for detail
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Able to effectively negotiate and influence at all levels.
In this role you will work with a supportive team, have career development opportunities and Fletcher wide staff benefits.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.