Regional Manager - Tradelink NSW South
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Tradelink
- Job Reference:TRL/22332
- Closing Date:06 Oct 2021
Due to an internal promotion, we have a very exciting opportunity for a Regional Manager to join the Tradelink team in NSW. You can be based anywhere within the 12 branches across NSW South. Yes, you read it right. You don’t have to be working in a fixed location. From Campbelltown to Gladesville, you can find a Tradelink branch closer to home and make it your base.
Reporting to the Head of Operations - NSW, you will deliver positive outcomes for revenue, customer service, operational excellence, and productivity targets.
Leading 12 stores, you will operate the NSW South region as efficiently as possible, by leading and inspiring Tradelink’s retail operations team to learn, develop and continually grow to deliver effective outcomes for our customers, suppliers, stakeholders, and people.
This opportunity will appeal to a candidate who is comfortable working at pace and who is able to develop well thought out strategies to deliver results and outperform the market through effective leadership whilst embodying Fletcher Building’s Vision and Values - Protect, Be Bold, Customer Leading and Better Together.
How you will lead
- Build operational rigor and operational processes to ensure the delivery of sustainable results over time.
- Set and monitor performance KPIs to consistently measure customer service standards, inventory, merchandising, pricing and overall state performance.
- Work with the Head of Operations - NSW to identify issues critical to business performance and clearly communicate strategy, progress, and results across organisational boundaries and levels.
- Understand the local market and competitive landscape to identify revenue growth opportunities and understand changing needs within the customer base.
- Anticipate, recognise, and work through resistance or setbacks independently, and work well with others when conflicts arise.
- See opportunities, ensure alignment with objectives, find common ground, and promote understanding of alternative viewpoints before driving for closure and cooperation.
What you'll bring
You will have strong commercial acumen, compassion and commitment to customer service, plus proven experience in multi-site customer service/retail operational leadership ideally within the multi-site trade distribution environment i.e. plumbing, electrical, building materials.
You will have a hands-on and proactive mindset and love to roll your sleeves up to work closely with people at all levels, inspiring them to successfully adopt the strategies and execution process and tools that have been designed.
In addition, you will demonstrate:
- Excellent leadership skills. Ability to work in a matrix environment and influence and develop strong partnerships at all levels.
- Drives for results, develop clear accountabilities and role model to hold people to leadership responsibilities.
- An understanding of how the moving parts of a business work together to make it successful and how its financial metrics provide both lead and lag indicators of sustainable performance.
- Proven experience ensuring growth and revenue goals are achieved, with the ability to balance both the short and long term strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to lead Occupational Health & Safety processes and requirements with the team.
- Strong communicator who knows how to translate analysis into business insights, and communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly.
Why should you join the Tradelink Team?
Tradelink offers a down-to-earth, close-knit team environment combined with the benefits of an extensive national branch network as well as the support of Fletcher Building - an international player within the building and construction industry.
With more than 200 retail branches and 100 showrooms across the country, we sell a high-quality range of bathroom, laundry and kitchen products as well as tools, parts and fittings. With 150 years in the industry, there's a reason we're Australia's trusted name in plumbing supplies.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt so do not hesitate and apply. This role may close sooner if we find the right candidate.