- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:31 Oct 2021
The Higgins Green Team have an awesome opportunity for a Supervisor to join and help lead the hardworking and professional team at the depot in Hawkes Bay.
• Grow and develop in a supportive team
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Competitive salary plus vehicle
• Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
As part of the leadership team in Hawkes Bay, you will lead from the front, be a strong communicator and you’ll be someone who is pro-active with excellent problem-solving abilities and a safety focused mindset
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Proven experience in road maintenance and Civil Construction at a supervisor level
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to train and empower your staff
• Experience in cost management regarding material and labour requirements to achieve production
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your team but also the public
• Self-motivated with a focus on excellence and continuous improvement
• Ability to cope with change and be able to think on your feet
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga