- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/22368
- Closing Date:30 Jan 2022
Our Higgins Green Team on the beautiful Kapiti Coast have an amazing opportunity for an Operator/Labourer to join the Barrier Crew.
- Grow and develop in a supportive team
- Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
- Competitive hourly rate
- Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
You will need to have dirt on your boots and be ready to get stuck in as this role includes general labouring duties and you’ll also be actively involved in the construction of the wire, concrete and steel barriers on roads and highways. This is a permanent full time role with a guaranteed 40 hour week, regardless of the weather which means a consistent take home pay!
What you’ll bring to the role:
- A safety-first attitude – for yourself and the public
- Flexible, committed and reliable – will turn up rain or shine
- Minimum full class 1 licence (WTR Bonus)
- Experience ideal however all training will be provided.
- A high level of physical fitness
- Reliable, honest team player
- Passion for our industry and the willingness to work hard and learn
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.