- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Environmental Health and Safety
- Business Group:People and Communications
- Job Reference:FBC/22375
- Closing Date:10 Oct 2021
This is it! This is the role you’ve been waiting for. This is your chance to be an Innovation Catalyst… a what?
Innovation – Taking good ideas and turning them into reality; to solve important problems and add value to our customers.
Catalyst – getting stuff done and influencing others to get stuff done.
In other words, a really awesome professional helping to drive and shape innovation at one of the biggest companies in NZ and Australia.
Who we are?
Fletcher Building is pretty big. We’ve got 30+ businesses across Australia, NZ and the Pacific. But we’re also a family, a community made up of people guided by a vision to be New Zealand and Australia’s leading Building Products and Services company. We’re driven by our purpose to improve the world around us through smart thinking, simply delivered.
The Innovation and Sustainability Team is an exciting place to be because we get to help shape the future of Fletcher Building. The team is small, agile, fast moving and disruptive, aiming to drive change across all aspects of the business; including innovation of our products, processes, channels, customer engagement – and together with broader initiatives to meet our decarbonization and sustainability agenda.
What you’ll be doing?
You’ll be responsible for seeking out and assessing emerging product, business model and technology developments, and for supporting innovation engagement and culture building across the Fletcher Building Group.
Supporting the Head of Innovation Insights, deliverables include:
- Seeking out and evaluating innovation opportunities and potential partners and syndicating these with relevant business area sponsors.
- Engaging Leadership teams across the Group on innovation roadmap development, running programmes to build capabilities.
- Assist the broader Innovation and Sustainability team on community and culture building across Fletcher Building, including internal communications, event management and external engagement.
What are we looking for?
Someone to come on the journey with us. Someone willing to grow and take on a challenge. Someone excited about the prospect of being a facilitator of change in shaping the future of the building and construction industry in NZ, AU and globally.
Your ability to collect, analyse, interpret, and present business and technology information will see you succeed in this role, as will your ability to communicate and manage stakeholders effectively. It would be great if you’re organised, dedicated, and have a passion for innovation. A relevant tertiary education and 5+ years experience around the innovation/commercialisation space would be a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- A great opportunity to work with a leading organisation and a dynamic agile team.
- A good package and great support to help you on your journey.
- A massive organisation with endless possibilities to influence change.
- A flexible work environment with a vibrant team atmosphere.
This is a rare and sought-after role in a team that truly believes in the opportunity to drive improved business and sustainability outcomes through innovation. Apply now if you’d like to contribute to making a difference whilst carving out a rewarding career at Fletcher Building. Contact Mereula Nacewa, Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager at Fletcher Building on 021 727 166 for more info.